The main story for the week was Alibaba and the $15 billion question: Amid Hong Kong protests, Chinese e-commerce company faces dilemma... which you can read here. The protests in Hong Kong have added to the complexity of Alibaba's listing in the city, already difficult because of China’s tight control of cross-border share trading
As you probably know, Angage also tracks and categorize hundreds of news per week. Here are the best news we tracked this week, by context.
E-commerce brands launching new product lines:
- Shopify launches its own chat as an alternative to Facebook and Apple
- Shopify launches chat function | News
- Shopify launches web chat for merchant and customers
- Düsseldorf-based e-commerce and cooking startup Springlane raises €10 million - EU
- Chinese e-commerce giants battle for offline advertising market | jdcom, xinchao media group, capital raising, startup
E-commerce brands that are expanding to new countries:
- Newpharma wants to expand to Italy and Spain
- Zalando expands Beauty to the Netherlands
- Vietnam cross-border e-commerce platform Fado eyes expansion
- Jet Commerce expands to China and Philippines
E-commerce brands on the rise:
- VIDEO : Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba 'sees revenues rise 42%'
- Lazada, ministry to accelerate growth of M’sian SMEs via e-commerce
- Alibaba results beat estimates on cloud, e-commerce growth
E-commerce companies getting funded, acquired and general finance:
- Alibaba and the $15 billion question: Amid Hong Kong protests, Chinese e-commerce company faces dilemma...
- San Antonio firm acquires another e-commerce company - San Antonio Express
- Miinto sells products for €94 million
- Chinese e-commerce platform Jollychic bags $65 from this UAE tech giant
- Alibaba reportedly eyes $2 billion acquisition of e-commerce rival NetEase Kaola
- Facebook-Backed E-Commerce Startup Meesho Raises $125 Million
- Naspers leads $125m in funding for Indian e-commerce platform Meesho
Check out more e-commerce news, as we categorize them, here.
For the love of data,